Pinterest

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Grilled Pork Side Ribs

I was once asked by someone: If you could only eat meat from one animal for the rest of your life, which animal would you pick? Without hesitation I said: the pig! First of all: pig = bacon. Need I give you any more reasons. If so, check out this awesome pork side ribs recipe!

2 rack of pork side ribs
1/4 cup Ultimate Spice Blend

Sauce
4 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp honey


To begin with we need to prep the ribs. On the concave surface of all ribs is a thin, translucent membrane. This membrane is tough and will prevent any flavouring to get to the rib meat, and so should be removed. To remove the membrane: Insert a metal spoon handle under the membrane at one end of the rib rack and detach a corner. Then grab the detached flap and gently tear it away from the ribs. It should come off in one clean pull.

Cover the ribs on both sides with the Ultimate Spice blend and gently rub into the ribs.

Now, many people have their own way of cooking ribs. Some people will say you need to boil them first, then finished them on the barbecue. Others will say you need to bake them in the oven and then put them on the barbecue.  I am sure these methods result in very tender ribs but honestly I did not have an hour and a half to cook these. So, I turned on my barbecue and threw the ribs on. After about ten minutes I turned them over and cooked for another 10 minutes. While they were cooking I combined the sauce ingredients. I then turned the barbecue down to mediumish, basted the ribs and cooked them for an additional 15 minutes, basting ever 5 minutes.

And that's all I did! They were moist and tasty! I had no complaints.


No comments:

Post a Comment