Pinterest

Monday, May 20, 2013

Crockpot Curry Beef

Growing up one of my least favorite meals that my mother would make was beef pot roast. Still to this day it is not one of my preferred meals, however, with the use of curry and other earthy spices this beef was quite tasty. 


1 beef pot roast
1 onion, roughly sliced
2 tbsp curry
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp chili flakes
2 tsp onion powder
1 carton beef or vegetable stock (900 ml)

Place chopped onions at the bottom of the crockpot. Combine spices and rub the pot roast with spices. Place roast in the slow cooker and cover with beef/vegetable stock until meat is 3/4 covered. 

Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours. I cooked mine on low and it was extremely tender when I pulled it out of the crockpot. 

I served mine it sauteed onion, red pepper and bean sprouts. I find these vegetables are a nice compliment to the earthy notes of the spices used with the beef. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment