Pinterest

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Karen


For those of you that are not familiar with CrossFit, I thought that I should clarify something. On the sidebar I have indicated that my least favorite workout is "Karen". This does not refer to a specific person but rather a specific workout. "Karen" is a CrossFit workout that consists of 150 wall balls at 20 lbs for time.

You may ask but "Why are CrossFit work outs named after girls?" Well I have the answer for you! Coach Glassman, the founder and President of CrossFit explained it best: “I want to explain the workout once and then give it a name. I thought that anything that left you flat on your back, looking up at the sky asking ‘what just happened to me?’ deserved a female name.  Workouts are just like storms, they wreak havoc on towns.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment