Pinterest

Monday, April 22, 2013

Coconut Almond Latte

For anyone that knows me, they know that I am a coffee fanatic. I just love the stuff. I mean who doesn't love a good cup of coffee in the morning, or afternoon, or evening. Really when isn't coffee a good idea. Now, I'm not one of those hardcore people who can drink it black, I need something in it. This was one of the hardest things to change in my diet when it came to paleo. And still to this day, I often stumble and resort back to cream or even whipping cream in my coffee. There are many alternatives that you can use but they just weren't quite right for me. For some, almond milk works but for me it just wasn't enough. I did use coconut milk for quite some time but again it just wasn't right for me.

However, when it comes to lattes this is a great recipe! Now if only I could get Starbucks on board! 

1/2 cup unsweetend almond milk
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 shot of espresso
1 tsp honey (optional)
Cinnamon for dusting (optional)

I have an espresso maker and therefore can make the espresso, heat and froth the milk all at once. If you don't have an espresso maker you can warm the almond milk, coconut and honey in the microwave and then froth with a milk frother or good old fashion whisk  The espresso you can make with a french press or you can just make really strong coffee. Place espresso shot in a glass and pour in your almond milk. Top with cinnamon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment