Pinterest

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Baking Powder Biscuits (Cheat Day)

Nothing reminds me more of my grandma than her baking powder biscuits. These were always a treat. Today I often make these for my co-workers and I have never heard a complaint. They are simple to make and delicious! I bet you can't eat just one!

2 cups flour (needs to be white all purpose - I have tried it with many different types of flour and it just doesn't work)
4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter
1 cup milk (I use almond milk)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the flour baking powder, sugar and salt together. Cut the butter in the dry ingredients until the butter is the size of peas. Add in the milk and mix until it forms a ball.

Roll out on floured surface to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Cut out in desired size and shape. I use an espresso cup (about 3" diameter). Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment