Pinterest

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Paleo Stuffing

The other day at the gym we were asked what was our favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner. Most people in the group including myself said turkey however a few people said stuffing. And as most of us are aware stuffing is not typically paleo however one of the gym owners had this recipe and I thought that I should give it a try. I can honestly say that I ate it for supper on it's own but it would be darn good stuffed into a turkey. I think I may make this for my family this year for Thanksgiving.


1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
5 slices of bacon, diced
5 stalks of celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
1 lb ground pork
2 cups of mushrooms, diced
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 eggs
1/2 cup dried cranberries 
1/2 cup raisins (I don't like raisins so I used dried apricots)
1 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the sweet potato cubes on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then bake for 15-20 min.

While that's baking, fry the bacon pieces in a large skillet. When they begin to brown, add in the diced celery, onion, and apples. When the onions become soft, add the ground pork, mushrooms, and white wine vinegar. Stir and cook until the pork is cooked through (no visible pink). Transfer the mixture to a bowl to cool. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, then pour over the cooled pork mixture. Toss in the cranberries, raisins, pecans, and yams and mix well. Bake the mixture at 375F on a foil lined baking sheet or in a large pyrex dish for about 15-20 min until it begins to brown.

Recipe courtesy of Cavegirl in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment