Pinterest

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Here's to 2014!

Happy New Years
It's hard to believe that it has been a month since my last post but life has been a little busy between moving and Christmas, but don't you worry I am back and will be posting recipes, updates and helpful kitchen hints on a regular basis. My plan for the up coming months will be to post something once a week and if I really get back into the swing of things twice a week. 

There is no better time than the beginning of a year to develop healthy eating habits and establish goals/resolutions for the year. I started the year at my favorite place in Saskatoon: CrossFit BRIO. Each New Years day BRIO opens their doors for Girl-o-rama (8 benchmark CrossFit WODs all within 6 hours). I maneuvered my way through 4 of them (Annie, Grace, Isabel & Jackie) but some truly hardcore peps did do all the WODs (Annie, Amanda, Grace, Fran, Isabel, Karen, Jackie and Diane).

For those of you not familiar with the benchmark girls of CrossFit: Coach Glassman, the founder and President of CrossFit explained: “I want to explain the workout once and then give it a name.  I thought that anything that left you flat on your back, looking up at the sky asking ‘what just happened to me?’ deserved a females name.  Workouts are just like storms, they wreak havoc on towns.” 

So, after a Christmas season of gluttony, it is time to get back on the wagon! And of course I only have six weeks to get ready for the beach!  


I wish you all the best in 2014 and thank you again for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment