Pinterest

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cauliflower Rice


Rice was one of the foods that I missed the most when I started eating Paleo and will often be part of a "cheat meal" for me. So, as a substitute this recipe is pretty darn good!


Head of cauliflower
1 small onion, chopped finely
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
salt and pepper

To start you can, throw the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until the contents were the size of rice grains. Conversely, and the method I use, I just grate the head of cauliflower on my box grater. This does make a slight mess but it gets the job done.

Heat coconut oil and butter in a skillet, then sauteed the onions over medium heat until they are translucent. When the onions are softened, add in the cauliflower and stirred everything around to evenly distribute the fat and onions.  Season the “rice” with salt and pepper. Then, cover the skillet and cook for 5-10 minutes or until softened. 

Enjoy! Serve with numerous options!

Recipe adapted from NomNomPaleo

No comments:

Post a Comment